Sunday, November 14, 2010

Free Classes for Food Donations

On Saturday, November 13, I taught my first of two free classes to collect food for the Food Bank of The Rockies. The class was a success; ten people showed up and we collected four boxes of food. One of the women that came was on her way down to the Channel 9 News food drive to volunteer and she took the food with her to drop off. I will be hosting one more free class this year on Saturday, December 4 to collect non-perishable food for the food banks. Please spread the word and come and bring a friend.

November is a month when I think of the abundance in my own life. I have a home in the foothills of the majestic Rockies, a wonderful husband, plenty of food to eat, a great family including two four legged family members, and two feathered family members, along with many good friends. There are so many people that are not as fortunate, and I think we must all take a moment to reflect on and help those who are less fortunate in any way we can. Food drives, money collections, clothes donations, and most of all, volunteering your time are some of the ways we can "pay it forward". If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then let's all imitate one another and give back to our community in every way we can.

No comments: